Thursday, July 08, 2004

Beyond the Square

Aside from the bbbb and getting this whole blog-thing down, I am working on a few additional projects. Or, not working on them as the case may be. I've had a patchwork blanket that has been on the back burner for a while. I have to work up the energy to sew all 63 khaki and olive green squares together. If anyone knows of a painless way to accomplish this, I would love to hear it.
I also have some red Plymouth Encore for a cozy blanket for my one year-old, but I think I'm going to wait for the weather to cool off a bit before getting started.

To be honest, I'm getting a little bit tired of blankets now that I've figured out how to knit hats and booties, and have ventured out beyond my Plymouth Encore stash to try some new yarn. I recently saw a Web site that requested chemo hats, and they had some patterns for men that called for worsted weight Plymouth Encore. I have a couple of skeins left over from the patchwork blanket that might have to go to this hat project. Decisions, decisions.

The booties and Tiny Topper from the Beginners Basics of the Vogue knitting series turned out to be way too big for the petite July baby, so I bought some pink yarn for some smaller booties and picked up some Rowan All Seasons Cotton varigated pink yarn to make a newborn size Rolled Brim hat from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies, which I knitted up last night. All I need to do is seam, block and ship.

Another friend of mine is expecting a boy in early September, so I am going to knit a hat and few pairs of booties out of some beautiful blue Koigu I picked up at my LYS yesterday. I loved the way the Tiny Topper and the Rolled Brim Hat turned out so I might remake them for the September baby, as well. I also really want to try to knit a simple boat neck sweater for the September baby, but I need to catch up on current projects first. Oh, and I picked up some purple sock yarn and purple fizz for the cuff to make some super feminine sleeping socks for my five year-old. Once I've conquered her socks, I will attempt some nice wool socks for my husband..then on to more socks, winter hats...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home